Sunday, November 27, 2011

make your own chenille - chevron style!



I didn't believe it would work.  In fact, I set out to prove it wrong.  I failed.  Not only did it work, it is awesomely soft, thick, and pretty. 


I am enjoying the chevron trend just as much as the next gal, so when I saw this tutorial at Aesthetic Nest, I had to give it a whirl (despite all the other projects I am supposed to be working on...).  So, to make myself feel better about my lack of self-discipline, I made just a mini version from her tutorial instead of the full baby blanket.  My little sample piece is more placemat size (but I love it just as much).

Before taking a ride in my washer and dryer.
It's so simple, it hurts!  Layer up some flannel (I used 5 layers of white and a top layer of this floral).  Sew along the zig zags.  Bind (packaged binding is good enough for me!).  Wash. Wait. Anxiously. Toss in dryer. Wait. Anxiously.  Enjoy your fluffy chevron-y prettiness!  
Is this a little foreshadowing of a future as a rug???

I am not sure what I'm going to do with my sample.  It's so pretty.  My mom came over, saw it and decided it'd make a great rug for under her dining room table. Crazy! But wait...that's not a bad idea.  It's soft underfoot (yes, I stepped on it), machine washable, and customizable to any decor!  I think my mom may be on to something...


 What do you think?  Would it make a nice rug?  Or am I out of my mind?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...